Sunday, April 11, 2010

what i forgot to say llll cancer awareness


I wrote a letter to you todayAbout all the things I forgot to say
I forgot to say I love youEven though I know you knew
I wanted to ask your opinionShould I keep fighting, or give in
I feel so lost sometimesYou are always on my mind
I pick up the phone to make a callAnd hang it back up on the wall
I sit down and have a good cryAnd keep asking myself why
You had so much living left to doThat damn disease took it away from you
I know you weren't ready to goWe weren't ready either, you know
Tell God we are still angry with his planI guess we still don't understand
How someone's life can be "snuffed out"When you're just finding what lifes about
I carry a lot of guilt with meI wasn't the best child I could be
I should have spent more time with youInstead of thinking I had better things to do
Mom, I love you forever and a dayI forgot to tell you before you went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment